6.23.2012

Life and such...

My posts have not been as recent lately because life got in the way.


I have been ridiculously busy with vacationing, and work, and new job interviewing, and house hunting, and credit score disputing, and new house planning, and wedding shopping, and best friend bridal party planning.


Now let me stop and take a breather...








Okay, I'm back now. 


I went on vacation for 10 days at the beginning of June to watch some good friends get married. Their wedding ceremony and reception was beautiful. There was super fun dancing and really great food. Like, really. great. food. I'm so happy for Chris and Kelsey and I hope they have an amazing life together.


I have been working my butt off at my current job, yesterday I worked 12 hours. And it was l.o.n.ggggg. It was the first day of the Olympic track trials and I work at a gift shop nearly across the street. We had a million people and about a million things went wrong. I got my first screaming customer. I had to deal with a man who got his car side-swiped in our parking lot. I had angry people who got their cars towed. I had 2 customers who were given incorrect information about our pharmacy hours and another who drove 30 minutes for a product we didn't have even though they were told otherwise. I was beyond happy to drive home and eat chili dogs made by my wonderful fiance at 9 p.m.


I am still on the phlebotomy hunt, but I have had a skill test earlier this week and I have an interview later next week. I am beyond ecstatic about that and I can't wait to show them my outstanding skills. I know I can definitely wow them to a job offer!


The fiance and I are trying to buy a home. Trying. We found several homes that we like, but we cannot yet get pre-approved. My credit score has misinformation and I am now disputing those claims, hopefully it won't take the full 45 days... Also, my credit hasn't been established for long enough, even though I have a flawless payment history, so that may put off the home buying for another year or two. Needless to say, this is one of those take a deep breath and close your eyes for a while situations. 


During the house hunting process, Jason and I have discovered exactly what we want in a house. He is pretty neutral about it, but I am a stickler about some of the things that I want. Here is the complete list for requirements:


Large back yard.
Large kitchen.
3 bed 2 bath.
Master bedroom with a walk-in closet and bathroom.
1,400 Sqft or larger. 


Those are the only things I absolutely require in a home. There are many things I want in a home. Now presenting Felicia and Jason's dream home.


On 1-5 acres. 
Giant kitchen.
Walk-in pantry.
Fireplace in living room, and master bedroom.
2 stories.
3 car garage.
4 bed 3.5 bath.
2,500 Sqft or larger.
Man Cave.
Master bedroom has large walk-in closet and bathroom has separate tub and shower with double vanity.
Wrap around porch and deck.
Master on second story with french doors leading out to a small patio.
French doors leading from dining room to deck.
And a few other little cosmetic things.


My wedding is in less than a year and I'm getting a few things together because I know its gonna sneak up on me fast. I just bought my wedding band. Its beautiful and very vintage looking and fits my ring beautifully. I bought my wedding drink containers for water, lemonade and tea. They are awesome and I can't wait for them to get here! I have almost every detail planned out and priced so I will know exactly what I'm spending on my wedding, other than food. And there will be extreme organization. I will have an itinerary and things will be in bins with diagrams and charts. 


Last, but absolutely not least, Alexis' bridal shower. I have had a few minor hitches, but I mostly know exactly how everything will be planned. And I can't wait to show you all come August :)


There was my ultra-long, update blog post. Now I can continue with my regular blog posts and they will be tons more enjoyable and not like a giant list.


Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment