4.02.2012

Disappointments

There is nothing I hate more than being disappointed. The feeling is just horrible. It feels like you got kicked in the stomach and then laughed at. To counter this, I try to never get my hopes up about anything.

Well, today disappointment hit an all time high.

Jason and I have been looking for a puppy for about 6 months now and on Thursday we finally found the perfect one. My ideal dog is a Great Dane and his is a boxer. We both love blues and rare colors. Well this puppy was a Blue-Harlequin Boxer Dane. Perfect. He was basically the cutest thing you have ever seen in your entire life.


See. The grey boy. He is amazing. And the lady was already calling him the name we picked out for him.  And that is not me in that picture, I would have never let him go if I actually got him. 


She said she got the puppies mixed up when she was giving them to people. How do you mix up the only puppy you have that looks like this? We were going to get him today, but we offered to get him on Friday and she said its okay because she would hold him until today. 


Its not even that I'm disappointed, I'm heartbroken. I want something young to love and take care of. I guess this goes to the underlying issue of me wanting to have a child, but its not the time for that yet. We're not ready for a child in the sense of financial security, and I don't want to be struggling with a baby, I want to give our child a better life than I had. 


Well, I guess I'm done with the depressing post now, I'm gonna go eat my weight in chicken tacos and rootbeer floats.

No comments:

Post a Comment