4.28.2012

Project Organize My Entire Life

I am a creature who needs organization. I love having a clean and orderly home. Its like a sanctuary I can enter after having a long, stressful day and clear my mind and relax. Whenever my home isn't zen, I start to have this OCD cleaning spree until I feel like my sanity has returned. Who would have ever thought my mom is a hoarder?


I have been looking for many ways to organize, clean, polish, re-create, decorate and just get everything done in my day and life without losing an important paper or address or my mind. Currently, pinterest (who would've guessed) is my usual source of inspiration, but all I do is pin things and think, "Oh, that would be so lovely and organized and such a good idea, I should do that." Thinking and pinning whatever it was is basically as far as it gets. 


One fateful day, I happened upon a blog where a woman organized her entire life. Literally everything. My mouth just dropped lower and lower as I continued to read. She went into detail how she had a 90 day menu plan complete with matching grocery list, de-cluttered her entire home including donating and selling everything not being used, everything in the home is beautifully organized and labeled, a weekly schedule with time carved out for working out, blogging, housework, and various other things, created a budget and started a savings plan, joined a gym and started exercising regularly, and a set in stone date night with her husband. 


My face was officially green with envy, I looked like Elphaba. Then she said she woke up. It was all a joke, and I was so disappointed. 


I wanted answers! I wanted to know how she did it, how she kept it all working, how long it took her to achieve this greatness. I wanted what she had done.


So I am going to do it. Tonight, I started my budget and financial management through mint.com. Its only partially finished on the website, but I already feel less financially stressed. I really like this website because its simple to navigate and lets you set and keep track of goals, like saving for a wedding...


I feel like even though Jason and I already have a pretty good sense of financial management we can do more. We keep a bill binder and keep track of all of our checks, bills, electronic payments, and most spending and anything we don't write down in the bill binder we usually communicate to each other what was being spent. He likes the driving range and I like Jamba Juice.


I am also going to start on our menu plan tomorrow since I have the day off work. I want to keep a grocery budget and stick to it! 


Thats all for now, maybe tomorrow I'll update on the menu plan, if not, it will definitely happen later in the week.






1 comment:

  1. I am excited for you! I agree with you, organization= satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete